Friday, March 5, 2010

3 March 2010

I am driving a 2010 Pontiac Vibe AWD, which is the same car as a toyota matrix, so yes it was made by toyota, it just has all the GM bells and whistles too.

Wow, the whole missionaries not having dinners, they need to stop whining, lately we've been getting about 3 nights a week with meals. It has been a bit more expensive, and yes I've had to tap into personal funds a bit, but its better than bringing it up at church and offending members. Not a good idea.

Our week has not been as eventful as the last one. We have done some tracting, and as to be expected out here, we've had a few people answer the door with a pistol in hand. People out here are kind of funny, it always makes me laugh. A lady showed us her rifle she keeps behind the door, and made us handle it. Being responsible I went to throw the bolt open and make sure the chamber was empty, and as I was doing this I asked if it was loaded. The answer was, "of course its loaded. Do I look like an idiot son? Let me ask you a question. When you aren't driving your car do you empty the gas tank? That would be stupid, so why would I have an unloaded gun."

Other than that we have been asked to visit some less-actives. One of which I've been the only missionary able to get in, because they want nothing to do with the church, but I found out they're from Redlands, CA, so I am able to go over there and small talk and then edge a gospel message in sideways and invite them to go to church. We'll see what we can do. Transfers are next Thursday, next Wednesday we are baptizing Thomas. We have another investigator on date for the 28th, so I'm hoping I get another six weeks here. It is the place to be. I don't want to leave. The people here are so nice, and usually very respectful. This is the only place on my mission where I have ran into so many nice preachers. There is an interesting thing about here though. Very religious people as a whole. This town of 2000 has 18 churches. Unbelievable ain't it.

Well we got a great day planned out. We are having lunch with a member, then playing some basketball. yeah! Its been in the 50s the past couple days too. Colorado really is a gorgeous place when the weather is tolerable. If I were up here in the summer tho, I wouldn't want to work at all. I'd want to be hiking all day every day. it is so beautiful out here we are totally surrounded by mountains.

Tomorrow we take our car to a dealership in Silverthorne and get the accelerator changed out. But we have a district meeting 10 miles away, so we arranged where we drop off the car right before the meeting, and then our district leader drives us over to the meeting. Then since hes closer to Silverthorne, right after the meeting he'll drop off his car, and we'll take off whenever we can. Which is kind of nice, because that makes going to district meeting reimbursable.

Well, I really don't know what else to tell you. y'all take care, and we'll talk to you next week, and let you know whats going on with transfers.

Love ya,
Tom

PS I was bummed, we were visiting someone who was watching the USA CANADA hockey match, and we got there right when we scored to take it into an OT period, so I caught some glimpses out of the corner of my eye, and really wanted USA to pull it off

No comments:

Post a Comment