Wednesday, June 17, 2009

17 June 2009


I am going crazy! I'll give you the good news first! We had a baptism on Sunday and are very close to another one. But I can't wait for transfers in two weeks. I need a new companion though. Elder Mayes was a great guy, he followed rules, but didn't wanna work too much. We'd tract for a couple hours and he'd be done usually, even if we had nothing else to do. My new companion loves to work, but he doesn't wake up. Today for example I got up at 630 and him at 915... I'm just going crazy and a change would b nice.

My bike is a piece of crap! It is falling apart again, and I had a spoke come out today again, I don't know if I can stand it anymore. But if I buy another bike, after how much money I've put into both, buying the first and repairs that almost equal the total of buying the second already, I'll be totally broke. I love to teach, I love to serve.

So as I said, transfers are two weeks from tomorrow, so change the address to the mission one again, because if God answers prayers I'm getting transfered.

Hey I just got your letter about Grandma and Kathy... thanks, If you could resend last week’s letter, that would be great!

I went to a different company to fix the wheel, because I didn't trust them, and it was the front wheel this last time, but now the back one that they "fixed" is broken again

I read your letter from last week. Sounds like a fun week. I almost wish I was there, I know I'm doing a good thing, but its so discouraging... I really like the book Mormon Doctrine since I came out, is there any way you guys can get me a copy?

I hope dad's office will sell quickly!

I have been pretty busy, we've tracted a lot, and I think my companion is multiple personality. I am having such a hard time with mission life. Why does it have to be so hard. I have seriously been praying for strength to endure and stay out here, because it has been pretty rough, I'm not going to lie. I don't know what to tell you, but we've been teaching a lot of lessons. .

Clora, the girl who got her nose broke, has been doing well, she understands the gospel, but she just "doesnt have time to read and pray." :( She went to the baptism though, she cried because the spirit was so strong, she just needs a testimony. Elyse, the girl that we baptized, her parents came to the baptism grudingly, but I think their hearts were softened, because the dad, who had wanted nothign to do with us previously, invited us back! Kennin, a 47 year old non practicing catholic knows its true, but needs to get over a few concerns. And then we've been teaching a rocket scientist for LockheedMartin, but he wants facts, and you can't find true conversion off of facts.

We're going out to dinner with another executive in that company today who is the nicest guy you'd ever meet, he is the head of the real estate department for the whole company. He's buying us new dress shoes tonight he told us, but I could talk to him. The bike is just falling apart tho! I've already put near a thousand miles on it, and it isn't made to take that I dont think!

He is a great and very generous man. He was baptized in December, and he was introduced to the church because he talked to an LDS woman on a plane. She was going to nursing school and distressed with paying for a medical kit she needed that was a few thousand dollars, and he offered to pay, and she invited him to church in return. He checked it out only because it was of that much worth to her, and now he has the strongest testimony in the world! He loves the missionaries too.

Mom... I love you! keep me in your prayers... I need them! Have a great week!

gotta go now, I love ya. Gonna go play mini golf with some investigators

No comments:

Post a Comment