Wednesday, August 5, 2009

5 August 2009

I'm glad all is well there. Things are a bit crazy here. But I decided to go a cheaper route with food, so I ain't broke by the middle of the month. Pancake mix, canned fruits and vegetables, ramen and yogurt. I also am buying kool-aid and sugar instead of juices, bc that got way too expensive. I also I'm trying to exercise more. Run in the mornings lift weights a bit at night before I go to bed. that good stuff.
As far as the work goes things are at a standstill right now. We are teaching a couple who was supposed to get married last Saturday. He's a member, shes not, they have a baby girl and live together, and aren't planning on resetting a date for a while. So we cannot baptize her. Our other main family has children in jail and are recollecting and don't want to talk religion. It's tough, but we're sticking with it, asking members for referrals and tracting a lot. Tonight we start an exchange with our district leader, and next tuesday I find out if I'm being transferred or not.
So Dad's really selling his practice? That's exciting! And you guys might be moving? It's all good... that gives me a choice between CSUSB and Cal Poly Pomona if you guys move closer to there, but I got a long time b4 I can think about that. I just have had companions that are about to go home the past two transfers and it makes you think more about what you'll do, which I'm not sure if that's at all healthy. I am, however excited to see what will happen next week at transfers. It's possible that we'll both stay, and I wouldn't mind that. But I don't know, I'm scared because its a possiblity that I could be training next transfer. Its my fifth transfer next thursday and the guy who trained me did it on his fourth. But maybe I'm just scared for no reason. I do want a newer missionary as a companion though. Then we could work a bit harder.
What does John do in this new job? I'm confused. Tell me a bit about it. And when does dad start at the school? Is the new DR keeping Debbie and Marie?
Christy is at girls camp? they do it late there... I hope she's having a good time. And of course the info they loose is one of our family members! haha
Well I don't have too many funny stories for you, theres a lot of old people in our wards, so nothing too crazy. And they don't have many friends to refer. Its a hard place to work, but it is kind of fun. a bit new. Going from Highlands Ranch where its young yuppie families to here is a bit of a change! But its good. I do miss Highlands Ranch though I really hope I get to serve in the mountains. After visiting I realize how beautiful it is up there. I would love that experience.
Well Dad... I love you! Happy Birthday... the big 5-0! and happy birthday to Cathy too in a couple days.
I'm getting another new rim for free for my front of my bike, and hopefully this will end the problems, otherwise they can keep getting me new rims for free. haha
Well... I love you guys... I have to go.

Love ya,
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment