Wednesday, January 20, 2010

20 January 2010

Its been an interesting week. All our investigators are falling through the holes, so I think this will be my last week here probably.We did however meet an excommunicated member and her husband who said they wanted to take the lessons, so we'll evaluate that soon.
I did get cash for the check too. i endorsed it over to a member and he gave me cash out of his wallet.
Last Thursday the members we lived with went to Hawaii for the week (they'll be back on Saturday). We have been doing a lot of tracting, except that Saturday was crazy. We went out tracting and I split my pants and they're sewed back up now so no worries. We went home and changed, and then visited a couple of people. In the afternoon we went out to tract more, and the houses are way far apart, so we were biking. I started to fishtail on gravel, and then pulled out of it, and once I was going straight again I was headed for a glassy patch of ice. My bike moved out of the way and I fell on my tail. It hurt so bad, it still does. I laid there for a few minutes and then got up and tried to just cruise to the car on my bike. We got there, racked up the bikes, and drove to the house. I called the mission presidents wife and talked to her, but it didn't help. I already took ibuprofen and was using icyhot and frozen vegetables, and that's all she told me to do and to keep her posted. So I have a gnarly bruise on my butt and my back is not feeling to good either. I hope it passes, but after a week if I'm still in pain she'll have me checked out. That night I got permission to have my companion drive even though I'm the designated driver, because I was hurting bad. But we still went to the basketball game. There is a daughter of a part member family that invited us to her game, since she starts at the high school. So I sat on flat bench bleachers for an hour and a half and we had dinner at 7pm. Then I made us go home at around 8, because I needed rest. Since then we've tracted a couple of six hour days, and on sunday I started driving again. I have just sat in the car for a few minutes after tracting and I've kept icing it and taking ibuprofen, so I should be alright.
So I hear Southern California is getting dumped on right now. I wish we had rain or snow. It is warming up at least now. we should have a high of like 41 today.... I think.
Other than that not too much is going on. I'm trying to keep my companion working hard. I still am not used to how slow he talks, and it can be frustrating at times, but its ok I guess. He also likes to screw around in the house and leave late it seems like, but I've called him out on that and he's been doing a bit better. It's only his second transfer though... that's what worries me. Its already the end of my eighth only eight more to go. haha
So that temple thing is the best thing I heard of. In the Lakewood stake conference we had a member of the first quorum of the seventy come, and he said if we focus all of our preaching in church on getting to the temple, then we will not have the activation and retention problems. That is where our efforts in the ward should be focused. Good for Bishop Lomenick. Its nice to hear we have someone who will speak up and follow through, and lead that ward where it needs to be.
So anyways... I miss you all and I hope that all is well in the SB.
I'm going to send a package with some teeshirts, a DVD of the joseph smith movie, and some letters from grandparents. I cant lug around as much, and I want a copy of the movie at home that will stay nice. You guys can watch it too.

Love ya all,
Elder Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment