Sunday, October 24, 2010

20 October 2010

Hello,

I am doing a lot better, but still physically drained. My staples were removed yesterday and after an evaluation I was cleared to do any and all athletic endeavors I desire. There is a condition however that if I get a headache above a 4 on a scale of 1 to 10, then I need to be seen immediately. I hope things continue to progress and it feels good to be able to be on the go a bit more again.

I'm glad you had a good time in FL. Things as you can imagine have been a bit slow. They gave us another branch in the mountains, but we cannot cover it without at least 150 extra miles so we are probably going to have to get rides because it seems the mission refuses to cooperate with the necessities. They would rather reimburse the Zone Leaders for a lot of their aimless driving that could be avoided than help the people who actually have a necessity.

So I called the mission office just now. Most of them are off in Grand Junction for Zone Conferences, and the correspondence with president never made it to our travel secretary. It proves to happen with the Stevenson family. You plan stuff in advance and you coordinate your needs and it all falls through the holes due to external forces. I am convinced that that is our curse. I really do not know why.

So it is exciting to see how quickly the trust is building back with the ward. We have dinner appointments every night. I honestly, no matter how much I hate to say this, think my last companion needs to go home. The ward he was moved to has already called the mission office and asked to have him leave immediately. We'll see what happens with that.

Well not much to say this week. I am improving and I hope y'all are doing well. I can't wait to see you in December. I love you all and we'll talk soon.

Love Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment