Tuesday, July 27, 2010

21 July 2010

I'm worried about how all this is gonna work out. I have a new companion who like I was told is a problem child. He had a near fatal fall when he was younger and as I see it has the mentality of a 12 year old. His last companion treated him like crap and I'm just trying to be his friend and work with him. It is the hardest one yet. I have had 4 "Special Assignments" in a row. The first was to finish training, the second was to get a missionary to work, the third was to get a missionary to talk, and I'm not quite sure what this is other than a test of patience. I have been working hard though. I try to make it fun. It seems like I make it more fun for him than for me, but thats all good.

Transfers were fun. The missionary I was on exchanges with for that day, while I waited for my comp, i wish he were my companion. It was a lot easier with him. I could tell on the ride up to the mountains that this would be an interesting assignment. I'm trying to make the best of it and just making sure I get a chance to talk to other missionaries at night and stuff so I dont go completely insane.

The roughest part is that he's been out for 8 months and is completely incompetent in teaching. He'll get into random stories with no relation to the topic and hand and I either have to blow it off or try and tie it in myself. But its going to be alright. I just decided I need to pray harder and be more obedient so the Lord can bless me. Otherwise I don't know if I'll make it.

So I am excited. I bought an Mp3 CD Player and now I have Jesus the Christ on one CD and the Triple on one. I'm working on putting the bible on one. Its kind of nice too, because my player has a screen that displays the titles and allows me to search, so it is way way nice to have.

I miss you guys a ton. Know that I am working hard and studying hard and having a great time. I dont know what else to tell ya. I know that Jesus lives and loves me and I'll see ya on Dec 31. :)

Love ya
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment