Monday, July 5, 2010

30 June 2010

Hey y'all... its been a great week. We officially have a new mission president... wow... that is pretty crazy to think! Who knows what changes it will bring. I will miss the Christisons so much though. But I'll probably see him on the big screen for conference pretty soon. haha. He really was a good man. I go to talk to them the night before they flew out.

Other crazy news. There was an Emergency Transfer of the Elders that were in Buena Vista and now they are serving with a couple of Zone Leader companionships. Now we have no missionaries out there because last time the Zone Leaders checked on them they werent doing ANYTHING!!! So there are now no missionaries there. They are opening it again at the start of the transfer. President Christison discussed sending me back there last week and I told him I am fine with it if I get to pick a companion that I know will work! He said thats up to the new guy, but I may be going back to Buena Vista in a couple weeks. He said if he were staying he would trust and allow me to choose my companion. But the last companion I had that I had a bit of a hard time with was given the ultimatum that if he doesnt shape up with our zone leaders this transfer then he flies home! Kind of sad, but its what he needed.

Other than that we have been doing a lot of door knocking and the weather has been absolutely gorgeous!! I love it! I am going to miss the Colorado summers! It has been a ball to be a missionary here. Obviously there are challenges, but that is life, it is just a fantastic place. I can't wait to be able to come back and hike the mountains out here too! there is soooo much!

Well later on today we are playing sports down in Golden. Since Buena Vista is closed I get a lot more miles! YAY. One good thing comes out of it right?? Thanks so much for all you do. I love you guys. We'll talk soon.

Love,
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment