Saturday, March 14, 2009

13 March 2009

I'm sorry I didnt get to write you on Pday. We were filling out police reports, because my companions and my bike were stolen. We had had interviews with the mission president and we decided to go to Wendy's with some other elders for lunch. We locked our bikes at a tree at wendys, because the rack was too full, and we had someone run in and say they just saw someone shove our bikes in their van and drive off. It was so depressing! We filed a police report and had our serial numbers put on the national register. I'm also filing a claim with Wendy's since they didnt have sufficient room to lock our bike on the rack closer to the store. And with the lock company and there supposedly extra-extra tuff lock thats supposed to be safe everywhere. We are borrowing some other elders' bikes for now until a solution is reached. I'm going to have to get a new bike, or else there is a company that just opened to our mission, where they rent bikes to missionaries and do all of the maintenance on the bikes for only $25/month. The cover the cost the first time one of their bikes is stolen, but after that no. I don't know! They will be at transfer meetings, tru the wheels and fix anything else and will even drive out to fix flats free of charge. I don't know what I'm supposed to do though. The President offered to help out if needs be too. I'm just so disheartened. Well we still have been getting some good work done and we challenged one for baptism yesterday and one today, and they both accepted. There are people to teach coming out of nowhere in this area and we are truely blessed. I think the devil is just trying to thwart the work... Well we decided its time to start using two U-locks and a cable for the wheels on the bikes, so we don't run the risk of a repeat from Wednesday, well I'm going to read your letter and write more, but just wanted to give you a heads up!

Love ya,
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment