Wednesday, March 4, 2009

4 March 2009



Hi family,
I dont know how much longer I have to write. We have to do our presidents letter online on Pdays, so Idk if the computer at the library will allow me extra time. I sent the address, Highlands Ranch, CO... and we're covering two wards on bike, so I bought a bike from a bike shop out here, but they have liftime service if you live in the area, so as long as I'm here I'm going to the bike shop every other Pday to get a tune up. They let me test ride it and tuned it for me before i bought it. Its a Trek 4300 with a 24 speed. We tract most of the day, but we're starting to find some solid investigators to teach. I miss you all. Well I bore my testimony on Sunday. And let me tell you, the members take care of you here! So much food! I've lost about 3 pounds since I left the MTC though. So hows everything coming along... is dad getting a job at the school? Keep me posted. Anything new in the ward? Well I got to go to a baptism the first day here, and then I stayed in the "apostle room" at the mission home. Elder Mayes is my companion. He's from Aimes, Iowa. He is on his 4th or 5th transfer and already training, but hes a good guy. We're staying in a members home and have the basement as our house. I got the privledge to go to the temple this morning, even if it was the 5:30am session. The mornings are killer, let me tell you, until I've ate breakfast and studied I cannot function because I'm so tired, but once I study and pray, I have the energy to work. We have had everything... from the crazy people yelling at us from cars, to a brainwashed guy who tried to give us anti-mormon literature, to interested individuals, to a couple of them who are progressing. I love it out here. I have to go, I love you, but I'm going to write you a paper letter after I go shopping.

Love your son,
Elder Thomas Stevenson
C/O Drake Family
9345 Princeton Circle
Highlands Ranch, CO 80130

1 comment:

  1. This is a great way to keep up with Tom, pictures and all. I did write to the mission home before this and had the right address but it is good to know his home address. Thanks for the blog.

    ReplyDelete